How To Make Portland Maine Lobster Stew?
Lobster is a nutritious and delicious seafood. Lobsters are not only famous for their luxurious appearance but also its amazing taste. Lobster stew brings a joyful taste that anyone who enjoys it will remember forever. It's not too difficult to make a fresh lobster become a delicious meal. Let's discover about tasty Maine lobster stew recipe.
How to buy fresh lobster for lobster stew?
Before you know the Maine lobster stew recipe, the first thing to deal with is choosing a fresh lobster:
- Healthy lobsters always swim, breathe strongly underwater, when holding the lobster, its body is bent, waving strongly. Choose them!!
- Lobsters that weight between 1-2 lb are the best, when processing will not take too much time.
- Fresh lobsters have a glossy, hard, and bright color.
- Do not choose lobsters with flesh protruding between the joints, because those lobsters are probably dead.
- Do not choose lobsters that have that fragile claws and legs. Easy-to-crack claws lobsters mean they are not gonna be delicious.
- If you hear a bad smell from a lobster, you should not choose it.
Ingredients for lobster stew
Lobster stew Maine always has such an unique flavor the ingredients are included:
- 4 .lb live lobsters
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 cups fresh milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- Dried Sherry wine (creates a special flavor)
- Chopped parsley or spring onion for garnish
- Servings: 6 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Total: 30 mins
- Put the lobster in the pot and boil until cooked, then take it out and remove the meat from the lobster and cut it into pieces.
- Place lobster meat in a pan with 4 tbsp butter, and fry until lightly golden brown. Avoid burning the butter.
- Using another pan, add milk and heat, keeping the milk from frothing.
- Put the golden fried lobster meat into the hot milk, cook slowly for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, turn up the heat until the mixture boils, then reduce the heat. Add salt, pepper and a little paprika to create such a bright color.
- You can add a little bit of Dry Sherry wine for a special taste.
- Finally, finishing it with finely chopped scallions or parsley.
That's a lobster stew recipe to have a delicious and easy lobster stew. Lobster stew Portland Maine is a relatively easy dish to make. You just need to prepare all the ingredients and apply the recipe to complete the dish. You can serve with some lobster salad.
Discover more recipes
What's the difference between lobster stew and lobster bisque?
Bisque and stew are two very delicious and very similar types of soup. Both are thick and creamy, have French origins and are traditionally made with seafood. Yet, there is one main thing that sets them apart.
- Lobster bisque is smooth, rich and creamy, addition of wine and cream.
- Lobster stew is thick and chunky with pieces of meat or vegetables.
Nutrition facts in lobster stew
Lobster stew is high in Omega-3 fatty acids and high in calcium and protein. That is why they are very suitable for people with vitamin and nutritional deficiencies or low blood pressure. In addition, the rich content of calcium, protein, and vitamins of lobster also helps prevent cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, and increases vitality for men.
It also provides choline, which aids in the production of neurotransmitters, and B12, which helps maintain myelin, the substance that coats nerves and supports nerve conduction. In addition, Choline maintains the health of cell membranes and B12 promotes red blood cell function. If vitamin B12 is deficiency, the body will be tired, weak, dizzy, and severe conditions can reduce memory and nerve damage.
You also can watch another recipe of lobster stew from "Katahdin Mountain Mama Homestead".
Lobsters are rich in various types of nutrition, such as protein and specially, they are low in fat and carbohydrates. Especially, the calories from lobsters are beneficial for many types of diets with an easy step-by-step lobster stew recipe. Wish you luck in making your own dish.
Visit our blog for more useful tips related to the lobster. Feel free to contact us via the below contact information if you have any further questions or requests.
- Website: www.mualobster.com
- Address: 849 Forest Ave, Portland, ME 04103.
- Tel: +1 (207) 772-3565.
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Sale price