Butter Poached Lobster Tail Recipe
Have you planned this meaningful and warm dinner yet? So that you can have a more perfect dinner we'll introduce to you recipes of making this dish super nutritious and super easy, butter poached lobster. Butter Poached Lobster Tails are so incredibly simple, perfect for Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve,... Read our article!
Butter poached lobster dish is extremely easy to make
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of cold butter, cut into 1 tbsp form
- 6 pieces of lobster tail meat
- Small shallow pot or a saucepan
- Instant thermometer reading (optional)
A little tip is that you should choose the main ingredient in the Maine lobster season because now the price is more favorable and the fresh lobster meat is much better.
- Servings for: 2 people
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
Your house should be stocked with lobster or if you want, you can get lobster from Fishermen's Net with as many as you want. Our lobster are sustainably harvested and wild caught.
Remove Meat From Lobster
This dish is called butter poached lobster because when the lobster meat is cooked to the perfect, it will become buttery smooth. To start this dish, you need out-of-the-shell lobster meat then gently cook with melted butter. It's simple right? But you need a lot of ingenuity!
Butter poached lobster is a simple dish
You can purchase frozen lobster tail meat directly at Fishermen's Net. Then put in a plastic zip bag and soak in water to thaw slowly.
Or if you have a live lobster, you can boil or steam it. When the lobster is medium well, take it out and let it cool. Then, put the lobster on the cutting board and prepare the knife, kitchen shears and then cut off all of the lobster's antennae.
To take the lobster meat out, bend the tail backward and twist it off the body. Use kitchen shears to cut open the shell on the underside, this is softer than the top of the shell, crack it open and remove the meat.
Cut the shell in half
Butter Poached Lobster Recipe
- Slowly add 2 tablespoons of water and cook over medium heat. When the water starts to simmer, add a dollop of butter and whisk to ensure it stays liquid. Continue to add each piece of butter until the end.
- Adding butter in this way is called "emulsify", which means combine two insoluble liquids together. The butter sauce when mixed should have a light yellow color called "beurre monté". Make sure that the mixture does not boil, or it will separate. Use an instant thermometer to keep butter below 180 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add the lobster meat and cook for 6-8 minutes then turn over in the butter mixture. Again, make sure the butter doesn't boil, and reduce the heat if necessary. Boiled lobster tails should have an internal temperature of about 140-145°.
Be careful when you put lobster tail meat into the sauce pan
The simplest way is to serve butter poached lobster tails right from the pan with fresh sliced lemons.
This dish cooks pretty quickly, so wait until it's almost serving time to prepare it. If you don't eat them all, store them in an airtight container. The dish can be kept in the refrigerator for 3 days, when eating, just take it out and warm it up slightly.
What To Eat With Butter Poached Lobster?
To add a rich and nutty flavor to the lobster, we recommend serving with a double baked potato or mashed potato and some peeled brussel sprouts or some grilled broccolini! It depends on your taste and interest. Surely you will not be disappointed with this super delicious, super easy and meaningful dish!
For a more Mediterranean flavor add a few threads of saffron to the poaching butter.
Remember to squeeze more lemon before eating!
View more what to serve with lobster tails to get the idea for the other meals.
With these lobsters it is easy to process into many delicious and nutritious dishes including butter poached lobster. Follow the instructions we just shared for a meaningful Christmas Eve and be sure to share it with us!
Visit our blog for more useful tips related to the lobster. Feel free to contact us via the below contact information if you have any further questions or requests.
Address: 849 Forest Ave, Portland, ME 04103.
Tel: +1 (207) 772-3565.
- Regular price
- Sale price