Family Favorite Oyster Chowder Recipe
Are you a cooking lover, or a housewife in the family, you will always learn nutritious recipes? Fresh oysters are a type of seafood that can help you prepare many delicious dishes that you should not ignore. One of the delicious dishes made from oysters is oyster chowder. Check out the ingredients as well as how to cook oyster chowder to create a dish full of flavor and nutrients for your family members.
Food with many nutrients for the family
What you'll need
- Unsalted butter: 2 tbsp
- Diced ribs of celery: 2
- Medium leeks, white and green parts, diced: 2
- Dry white wine: 1/2 cup
- Potatoes, peeled and diced about 1/4 inch, soaked in cold water: 2 russet
- Water or bottled clam juice: 1/2 cup
- Fresh oysters, shredded and soaked in wine: 40 oysters
- 1 3/4 cups half-and-half, at room temperature
- Seafood seasoning: 1/2 tp
- Kosher salt and freshly broken black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish: ¼ cup
- Oyster crackers to serve with the main course
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
2. How to make oyster chowder?
The oyster chowder recipe is also very simple, you just need to prepare the ingredients and follow these instructions:
- Preheat the oven to medium heat but be careful to prepare it on medium heat. Add a little butter, then add the celery and leeks to a saucepan. Once added, continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the ingredients are soft, but do not let them brown. Wait for it to soften for 3 to 5 minutes.
- After the above ingredients have softened, add the wine to the vegetables and reduce the temperature by half. Continue adding the potatoes to the mixture and stir to combine them. Combine clam juice with 1 cup of filtered water and condensed wine. The potatoes will then absorb some of the saltiness of the oysters and alcohol, giving it a great flavor. When you're done adding these ingredients, bring to a simmer, cover, and continue cooking until the potatoes are tender. At this step, you need to wait for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Take 1/2 cup of the soup and blend until smooth in a blender or food processor then return to the pot. Add half a half and seafood to the pan and continue to stir. Need to season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer before adding oysters. Note that it should only be cooked until the oysters have started to roll, about 2 to 3 minutes, not too long. Turn off the stove to cool and garnish with parsley, possibly with oyster cakes.
3. Nutrition facts of oyster chowder
The oyster chowder has many good nutritional ingredients for the family's daily meals
In fact, nutrition from oyster chowder with a 100-gram oyster provides the following nutrients:
- Calories 68
- Protein 7 grams
- Fat 3 grams
- Along with a number of other nutrients such as Vitamin D, Thiamine (vitamin B1), Niacin, Vitamin B12, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium.
Or you can learn how to cook oyster chowder from chef in this video below.
The recipe for oyster chowder is extremely simple, you can apply the above sharing to complete a nutritious dish. Hopefully, through that, housewives will have one more delicious dish in their family's daily menu. Be a smart housewife by choosing the most delicious dishes every day.
- Website: www.mualobster.com
- Address: 36 Bath Rd, Brunswick, ME 04011, USA
- Tel: +1 (207) 844 8343
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Sale price