How To Make Stir Fried Lobster With Scallion And Ginger?
In case you are a huge fan of lobster, you should never miss a flavorsome dish as ginger scallion lobster. This Cantonese-inspired recipe would be best to be served on a gathering table at the weekend or just a random day when you feel like eating lobster with strong taste, so stir-fried lobster with scallion and ginger would be the best idea. In this post, we will show you the easiest and most convenient way to make such a good homemade one.
In order to make a tasty lobster dish, the first and most important ingredients to be prepared are fresh and mouth-watering lobsters. The best places you can find good ones in America are Boston and Maine where Fishermen’s Net is proud to be a part of. At our store, you can easily find a lobster that has just been caught from the sea that day and may land on your plate in the most delicious way right that night. So, if you are in the mood for making a lobster with ginger and scallion, don’t hesitate to leave us a message or just tap here to make a quick order.
After choosing the best lobsters, here is the list of remaining things you need (for 2 pax):
- Cooking oil
- Minced garlic
- Sliced ginger
- Sliced scallions
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- White pepper
- Servings: 2 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Total: 35 mins
Special Maine Lobster
2 lb Maine Lobster
Frozen Lobster Tails (4-5 oz OR 7-8 oz per tails)
Dealing with live lobsters has never been an easy job even to the best chefs. However, there will always be a way to process it for everyone, that’s why in this post we will provide you with some step-by-step instructions to make the best lobster with scallion and ginger. All the things you have to do is follow these instructions to make sure the lobster is done in the nicest way ever.
If you’re still not confident with it, you can make this recipe with just frozen lobster tails or have the fishmonger process the lobster so you can eliminate the claws and the lobster tail before getting into the real process. In the meanwhile, don’t forget to check out our other tasty scallion ginger crustacean recipes like Ginger Scallion Shrimp and Scallion Ginger Cantonese Crab, which are the most famous recipes you can do to a fresh lobster.
This whole part just shows you how to go through the hardest part of making a stir-fried lobster with scallion and ginger. Following this would be the cooking section which is more interesting and less complicated for those who are not so good at dealing with lobsters. Don’t worry if you have never tried this before or even other similar ones since we have conducted a very simple and detailed one to make sure that everyone can enjoy this awesome lobster plate just after a one-time try. (We all know that lobsters are not something to try and fail over and over again since it would hurt your wallets in the end).
The most amazing thing starts from here. Let us give you the 5-step method to the best lobster dish ever!
- Step 1: Dry all of the lobster pieces after rinsing them with a paper towel.
- Step 2: Make a mixture of flour and cornstarch in a shallow bowl, lightly dredge the lobster pieces to expose the meat to seal in the juices.
- Step 3: Some people will deep fry the lobster in a large wok to quickly seal in the juices which only takes 20 seconds or so. By the way, for home cooking, we can just use a smaller pot and fry it in batches, which is less complicated and more suitable for a homemade one. This method makes the lobster cooked faster and enhances the lobster flavor. In addition, it also produces a rich color while preventing the tender meat from overcooking.
- Step 4: Heat 2 cups of oil to about 350 to 400 degrees F, and drop the lobster into it, a couple of pieces at a time for about 10 seconds. Place them onto a sheet pan and watch them turn bright red almost instantly.
- Step 5: Reaching to the final steps, starting with a clean wok over high heat with 2 tablespoons of oil into the wok, together with the ginger. Fry the ginger for about 30 seconds, until it’s fragrant. Then add the white portions of the scallions and the lobster. then stir fry on for 20 seconds, keeping the heat cranked up as high as it’ll go.
- Step 6: Pour the wine around the perimeter of the wok and immediately cover it. Leave it for 2 minutes till you cover the wok and add the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, white pepper, and the rest of the scallions. Stir fry for another minute. You can add a couple of tablespoons of water if the wok is too dry.
Now here we are, the legendary stir-fried lobster with scallion and ginger, how can you resist such a dish like this at a weekend gathering. Don’t forget to take a photo of it in the end to save the result of your hard work, and now you deserve it all!
|Ginger Scallion Lobster|
|Saturated Fat||1g (5%)|
|Vitamin A||90IU (2%)|
|Vitamin C||1.7mg (2%)|
Watch this video, you can cook lobster stir fry ginger and scallion by yourself!
Fishermen's Net is a recommended address for you to grab fresh lobsters. We offer a variety of seafood such as lobster, snail, fish with the best serving attitude. Contact us or visit website for more detail.
- Website: www.mualobster.com
- Address: 36 Bath Rd, Brunswick, ME 04011, USA
- Tel: +1 (207) 844 8343