Baked Lobster Tails Recipe
Lobster tails can be considered as a wonderful treat for yourself and your loved ones. One of the best recipes for this high-quality ingredient is baked lobster tails. However, it is quite tricky to cook this type of meat correctly. Having understood your concern, Fishermen’s Net is going to give you a clear instruction on how to bake lobster tails.
What To Prepare Before Baking Lobster Tails?
The Essential Ingredients
As you may have already known, every “masterpiece” needs to start with the core ingredients first. You should make sure that you prepare the following ingredients and lobster spices well, so that your dishes come out deliciously and beautifully.
- 8 oz of lobster tails (usually equivalent to 2 lobster tails).
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- 1 teaspoon of fresh chopped parsley.
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- 2 wedges of lemon.
- Cooked broccoli.
Remember to choose the main ingredient in the lobster season because the lobsters are of high quality and the freshest meat is at this point.
Note: The above amount of those ingredients is used for 2 servings. You can flexibly adjust it so as to meet the needs of yours.
Lobster Tails Processing Stage
First of all, you need to remove the shell from the lobster, since it will be much easier for you to know when the meat is done cooking. A pair of clean scissors or a clean sharp knife is all you need for this step. Whichever tools to use depends mainly on your preference. One thing that you need to remember is not to cut through the lobster tail’s end. Instead, start cutting along the middle of the top of the shell, then continue towards the fins of the tail. Also, you ought to ensure that you cut the shell in a straight line in order to remove it easier.
Secondly, separate the lobster meat from the 2 sides of the shell which you have just cut. Then, gently lift the meat up and out from inside the shell.
Thirdly, press the 2 parts of the shell together, and lay the meat over the seam in which the shells meet. This technique is called butterfly lobster tails.
Fourthly, preheat the oven to about 450°F (230°C).
Last but not least, you need to get the lobster meat seasoned. Mix all the mentioned ingredients including butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, lemon juice and parsley together in a bowl. Then, gently brush the mixture thoroughly over the meat to get it well-seasoned.
Notes For You
- It is okay to cut into the lobster meat while trying to remove the shell from it. If this happens, don’t panic! Let Fishermen’s Net help you! Just simply make a shallow cut through the middle of the meat until you can easily peel down the thin layer of it over the sides.
- In case you have difficulty in separating the shells from the lobster meat, here is a tip for you. Flip the lobster tail over, then cut along the carapace where the legs meet the tail’s bottom part. This process will help to break the rigid structure of its shell and allow the lobster to be more flexible.
Make Yourself Baked Lobster Tails With The Best Recipe Ever
How long should you cook a lobster tail depends all on the size of it. Specifically, larger tails need more time to get done, and vice versa. Since there is no accurate cooking time for lobster tails, you should prepare yourself a meat thermometer. This instrument will help you to check whether the baked lobster tails is done or not.
After you have done all the necessary preparation, now it’s time to make the “masterpiece”.
#1: Place the prepared lobster tails onto a baking sheet, and bake it for around 12 - 15 minutes. During this period of time, you need to keep an eye on the meat in order to make sure that it is fully cooked but not rubbery or burnt.
#2: After 12 - 15 minutes, carefully check on the lobster tails by using the meat thermometer. A well-cooked lobster tail should have the internal temperature from 140 - 145 degrees.
#3: When everything is done, serve the lobster tails on a beautiful clean dish with a side of broccoli and a lemon wedge. View more What to serve with lobster tails?
Check out other ways to cook lobster on fishermen's net blog to experience a wider variety of flavors.
Buy your quality lobster tails now!
How To Know When Your Lobster Is Cooked?
Lobster is fully cooked when the flesh is bright white or pearly white. Uncooked lobster will be translucent and have a gelatinous feel. Once cooked, the shells will turn bright red.
Tips For Your Best Baked Lobster Tails
While lobsters are easy to cook, we think you still need to know some tips when baking them.
- Bigger is not better: Cooking large lobster tails certainly looks appealing, but the most tender and tasty lobster meat isn't to come from younger, smallers.
- Flavor lightly: The lobster itself has a naturally delicate, sweet taste and a savory taste of the sea. Therefore, you should not use too much spices, it will be difficult to enjoy the characteristic flavor of lobster tail.
- Serving size: You should choose small lobster tails for individual portions to suit each person, maybe choose a lobster tail of about 6 ounces, of which there will be about 3 ounces of meat. And don't forget it's just a light entree.
Follow this recipe, and you will have the most memorable moment with a baked lobster tails dish!
We hope you are excited about making baked lobster tails after watching this video.
Visit our blog for more useful tips related to lobster. Feel free to contact us via the below contact information if you have any further questions or requests.
- Website: www.mualobster.com
- Address: 849 Forest Ave, Portland, ME 04103.
- Tel: +1 (207) 772-3565.