Vietnamese-style Grilled Blood Clam Recipe
One of the famous dishes in Vietnam is grilled clams with onion oil, ram, fried garlic and roasted peanuts. To enjoy Vietnamese cuisine, people often choose crowded streets in big cities. If you want to enjoy grilled clams, you don't have to travel around Vietnam or even go to a local seafood restaurant, you can make your own at home. The blood clam recipe will help you add a dish to your family's daily menu.
All you need to grill clams
For cleaning clams
- 2 lb blood clams
- 6 c cold water to soak the clams
- 6 c filtered water to cook clams
- 3 tbsp sea salt
Prepare all the ingredients to get the best dish
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
For toppings and garnishing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vietnamese coriander (call "rau răm)
- 1 tbsp fried garlic
- 1 tbsp roasted and chopped peanuts
- Limes slices and hot chili (optional)
Other types of clams you can substitute for this recipe, they all have the large meat and the shells are big enough to add additional toppings without spilling out.
- Mixing bowls
- Cutting board
- Yield: 3
- Prep time: 40 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes
How to make grilled blood clams step-by-step?
The way to make this dish is very simple, you can follow the blood clam recipe shared below:
For blood clams
- Step 1: Under running water, use a stiff brush to scrub and clean the clams.
- Step 2: Put cold water and salt in a bowl and stir until the salt dissolves. Add clams and brine mixture and let stand for 25 minutes. If a lot of sand comes out during brine, repeat this process until no sand comes out of the clams. After the clams are clean, take the clams out of the bowl, rinse with clean water again to rinse.
- Step 3: Pour water into the saucepan over medium heat and then start adding the cleaned clams to the pan. When the water starts to boil, turn the medium-low heat and cook until the clams are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Step 4: Transfer the clams to a plate and let cool for about 3 minutes or maybe until you can hold your hand. Then use your hands to separate half of each from the shell and separate the clam meat from the shell.
- Step 1: Take a sufficient amount of scallions and wash them thoroughly, then cut them into thin slices about 0.5 cm.
- Step 2: Prepare a pan for medium heat and heat the oil until it boils. Continue to add all the chopped scallions, cook for about 30 seconds or until soft and fragrant, finally add a pinch of salt and stir. Pay attention to seasoning with salt according to each person's preference and turn off the stove to take the mixture out.
- Step 1: Put the minced clam meat in a large bowl. Then scoop out the clam meat and sauce mixture and pour in half of the clam until all the clam meat is in the shell.
- Step 2: Grill the mixture over medium heat, place the clamshells with meat on the griddle and grill just enough to heat and bring to a boil, then remove from the grill.
The steps to make grilled clams are extremely simple
Nutrition Facts of Grilled Blood Clam
Cooking tips for grilled blood clam recipe
Here are some quick tips to make the best grilled clams using the blood clam recipe that everyone should refer to:
- Choose the biggest shells to save money: You can easily add more seasoning, toppings to, and move them on the grill.
- You can start grilling when the coals are not too hot.
- For some smoky flavors, use charcoal and close the lid while baking.
- There's a lot of life in the extra coals, so grill up some scallions, or corn on the cob.
You can watch this video for more detailed process!
How to serve grilled blood clams in Vietnamese style?
Toppings are some of the people's favorite parts of this dish as there is a wide variety to choose from according to each individual's favorite flavor. In Vietnam, they serve grilled fresh clams with stir fry instant noodles, chopped roasted peanuts and a beer. These ingredients create amazing flavors that are unmatched.
You can also add some lemon juice and deep fried garlic or fried shallots on top of the grilled clams. If you want some heat, you can also add a few slices of chili to the blood clams.
Besides that, there are some more favorite side dishes to serve with blood clams: whole grilled fish, raw oysters, steamed clams,.... There are so many different flavoring side dishes that you can learn how to make on your own.
You can apply this grilling recipe to all other similar seafood, but first you can distinguish their taste and appearance for easy selection through these blog posts below:
The blood clam recipe according to the taste of Vietnamese people is extremely simple. You just need to apply what is shared on the article to be able to complete the delicious dish as desired. However, to get the most nutritious dish, choosing the address to buy fresh clams is extremely important. Come to Fishermen's Net, we will help you get the freshest and most delicious blood clams at a very reasonable price. You just need to request an order, we will help you choose the product and ship it to your place quickly and safely.
- Website: www.mualobster.com
- Address: 36 Bath Rd, Brunswick, ME 04011, USA
- Tel: +1 (207) 844 8343
- Regular price
- Sale price