Lobster is only tasty if you know how to cook it right. Don’t worry, Fishermen’s Net is here to help you serve this lobster noodles. It’s the highly-recommended signature food in China, but it will be easy and simple for you to try if you follow our instructions strictly.
- 375 g of Yi Mein (Cantonese egg noodles)
- 1 giant lobster (~ 2 - 4 lb)
- 2 or 3 tbsp of oil
- 20 g of ginger
- 5 garlic cloves
- 4 spring onions
- 2 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 1 tsp of white pepper
- 5 tbsp of cornflour
- 1 egg
- ½ tsb of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter
- ½ tsb of Thai chilli (optional)
- ½ tsb of palm sugar
- For 5 servings
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 30 minutes
- Total: 45 minutes
- Chop all the veggie ingredients first, including: garlic cloves, spring onions
- Mix the cornflour with 15 ml of water. Set it aside.
- Remove the lobsters’ heads. Using their tails and claws. Wash the lobster gently in cool water, repeat 4 to 5 times until the dirt is removed.
To make the Chinese lobster noodles more perfect, you should pay attention to few things that we’ve listed here:
- Using honey if there is no palm sugar in your refrigerator.
- You can use spaghetti noodles instead of egg noodles. We still recommend you follow the recipe’s ingredients for the best taste.
- To buy those Asian foods, you can find all of them in your nearest Asian market.
- Adjust the amount of Thai chilli in the recipe, it depends on how spicy you want in your dish.
2. Instruction of how to make lobster noodles
This Chinese lobster noodles recipe is divided into 4 steps. Please strictly follow the instructions to get the best result.
Step 1: Making the butter sauce
In a large pot, put butter, chopped garlic, ginger, green onions, Thai chilli, fish sauce and palm sugar. Then, melt it gently over the low heat.
Let it keep simmer for 10 to 15 minutes then remove it from heat and set aside. You can thicken the sauce by adding the cornflour-water mixture into it.
Step 2: Making the lobster
In another pot, steam or boil the lobster (about 2 pounds) in boiling water for 9 minutes. You can add 1 more minute per half pound, this would help the lobster won’t be fully cooked.
Remove all the lobster from the steamer, gently place it in a bowl of ice water. When it’s cool, cut the lobsters in halves and place them on a baking sheet. Now, you will probably see a bunch of green stuff in a lobster, but don’t worry, it’s lobster eggs. Once you bake it, it will turn into an orange-ish color, and it’s really delicious.
Now, pour the butter sauce that we’ve just made in step 1 on the lobster halves. Next, bring it to the oven and high broil at 500 F for 3 to 4 minutes. When the time is over, still place the lobster in the oven to keep it warm.
Step 3: Making egg noodles
In a small pot, boil the water then add all the recipe’s amount of egg noodles, wait until the noodles are soft and cooked. Then, gently drain them under a cool tap.
In another skillet, put all the sauce together: oyster sauce, sesame oil, the cornflour mixture and a little bit of fish sauce to build the flavor. When the sauce is boiled, add your egg noodles in. Next, gently stir them in 1 to 2 minutes so that the noodles are fully flavoured. Toss them gently then remove from heat.
Tip: If your noodles are too dry, add a splash of water to soften them.
Step 4: Serve
Place your noodles on a large plate, don’t forget to pour the juice under the baking sheet of the baked lobster that we’ve just made in the oven. Then, top the noodles with the beautiful lobsters. Squeeze some fresh lime or lemon juice on top and garnish them with fried shallot if you want to.What a meal! Now it’s ready to serve. Bon appetit!
3. Nutrition Facts of lobster noodles in 1 serving (100 g)
- Total calories: 311 calorie
- Fat: 7.8 g
- Saturated fat: 3.6 g
- Protein: 36 g
- Cab: 53.4 g
You can try another lobster noodles recipe below!
That’s the famous Chinese lobster noodles recipe for you to get a family's dinner. It’s delicious, tasty but really simple and easy to make. If you find this article helpful, please share it with your friends and loved ones to try too, and remember to hit the subscribe button to support Fishermen’s Net and get the latest notification of other delicious seafood recipes. Hope with our sharing, you can have the greatest meal with your family and friends.
- Website: www.mualobster.com
- Address: 849 Forest Ave, Portland, ME 04103
- Tel: +1 (207) 999 2424