Keto Fried Oysters Recipe (Low Carb)
If you are on a keto diet but still want to enjoy delicious and new dishes from oysters, keto fried oysters are a perfect choice. This dish comes from oyster's paradise, and it will bring the sweetness and aroma of the sea to your table. Honestly, delicious dishes are often more difficult to make, and it's absolutely true of this dish. However, with our simple yet effective recipe shared in this article, you can fry oysters at home. Follow our exclusive recipe below to enrich your menu of keto oysters!
1. Can you eat oysters on keto diet?
Many people feel anxious, they believe that oysters should not be eaten on a keto plan because oysters contain carbs.
There are indeed carbs in oysters, but the amount of carbs is not much, even very little. You can safely add oysters to your keto menu if you like. In fact, 100 grams of raw oysters contain only 4.95 grams of carbohydrates. In more detail, each oyster weighs only about 8 grams on average.
When you do a simple calculation, if you eat 100 grams of oysters (about 12.5 oysters), you will only have 4.95 grams of carbs. It's completely within the limits of the keto diet.
Oysters are also an easy-to-find cooking ingredient; you can find them at any seafood market. At some coasts with suitable living conditions for oysters, you can catch wild oysters.
Oysters are also an easy-to-find cooking ingredient
Keto fried oysters are quite simple to make, but the process of shucking oysters is really not easy. You should have an oyster knife to make things go more smoothly. You can also use canned oysters to avoid shelling at the supermarket or store. However, fried oysters only taste their best when you use fresh oysters.
2. Keto fried oysters recipe
Keto fried oysters are quite simple to make
Currently, there are many recipes for frying oysters according to different cuisines. However, to make the best keto fried oysters, you need to know how to use keto ingredients and how to cook them. Our detailed instructions, including ingredients selection and recipes below will help you.
What you need?
- 3.5 oz shucked fresh oysters ~ or you can buy a dozens fresh oysters at a time
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup superfine almond flour
- Cooking oil
- Sea salt
- Yield: 1 servings
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
Instructions for keto fried oysters
- Rinse the oysters, then cut them into bite-sized pieces (you can leave the whole oyster to fry, I choose not to cut it to make it easier to fry). Place the oysters on a plate and pat the oysters dry with a paper towel.
- Place almond flour and parmesan cheese in a bowl and mix well.
- Crack the eggs into a medium-sized bowl and beat the eggs.
- Take the dried oysters and coat them with a mixture of almond flour and Parmesan. Then dip the oysters in the beaten egg and then dip it in the flour and cheese mixture. The second time you dip the oysters in the flour, you need to dip them more carefully to coat the outside of the oyster fully. Do the same with the rest of the oysters until the end.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. When the oil is boiling, bubbles appear, reduce the heat a little, and gently add the breaded oysters.
- Fry each side until all sides turn golden brown. Pay attention to the amount of oil while frying so that the outer crust does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the oysters are cooked, transfer to a plate with absorbent paper to absorb excess oil.
- Serve immediately!
Nutrition Facts of Keto fried oysters
Watch this shorts for more detailed!
3. Other keto seafood recipes
In addition to the delicious keto fried oysters, you can enrich the keto plan menu with a number of other seafood dishes. Here are a few seafood keto recipes that we would like to recommend to you. They are sure to make you feel satisfied.
Spicy Halibut Tomato Soup
A little spiciness will make the dish more attractive
This Halibut Spicy Tomato Soup features soft, fresh fish pieces and a refreshing sweetness. A little spiciness will make the dish more attractive. Make it at home with the instructions below.
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 5 anchovies canned in oil, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth 3 bouillon cubes
- 3 cups water
- ⅛ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tomatoes diced, without peel
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- tsp salt
- tsp black pepper
- tsp red chili flakes
- ½ pound fresh halibut filets, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add garlic, ½ parsley and sauté until fragrant.
- Put tomatoes, vegetable broth, anchovies, red peppers, salt and pepper in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, then cover and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Open the pot lid and add the halibut fillet, then cook for an additional 8 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Remove the food from the pot and divide the halibut into small pieces. Ladle into bowls and garnish with remaining parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Low Carb Oyster Recipe Broiled with Spicy Sauce
You can also make this delicious spicy oyster sauce
In addition to cooking delicious crispy fried oysters, you can also make this delicious spicy oyster sauce. You can be completely assured of the number of carbs when enjoying.
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- 12 shucked oysters
- 7 - 8 basil leaves fresh
- 1 tablespoon Huy Fong's garlic chili paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Teaspoon salt
- Put chili garlic sauce, olive oil and salt in a bowl and mix well to make a sauce.
- Add the oysters to the sauce mixture and marinate for about 2 minutes to infuse the flavors.
- Spread the basil leaves on a baking tray, then pour the oysters and sauce on top. Spread the oysters evenly, so they cook evenly.
- Heat the oven to high heat. Place the dish on the top rack within a few inches from the broiler. Broil for two-three minutes on high.
- Take out and serve immediately!
Keto Steamed Clams with Basil Garlic Butter
The sweet taste of clam meat plus the aroma of garlic butter is the perfect combination
Keto dishes can include clams. The sweet taste of clam meat plus the aroma of garlic butter is the perfect combination. See the step-by-step instructions below to cook this dish at home.
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep time: 3 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- 1 pound steamer-sized clams in shell small
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 10 fresh basil leaves whole
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Put the basil leaves, chicken broth and garlic in a pot and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- When the water is boiling, put the clams on the island and then break the lid. Raise the temperature a little bit.
- Steam for 8 minutes without opening the lid. While clams are steaming, shake the pan to coat the shellfish evenly.
- Continue cooking until the sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Discard unopened clams and serve immediately!
All kinds of seafood above from oysters or clams to fish, we provide it here!
Keto fried oysters recipe is an easy recipe to make. You should collect many dishes to make your keto menu more diverse. It is a great source of motivation to help you diet effectively. Hopefully, the recipes that we share above will help you have more delicious dishes with seafood.
- Website: www.mualobster.com
- Address: 36 Bath Rd, Brunswick, ME 04011, USA
- Tel: +1 (207) 844 8343
- Regular price
- Sale price