Oyster dishes have a high nutritional value. Oysters are a type of mollusk seafood, and their meat is low in calories but rich in nutrients, including vitamins, protein, healthy fats, and minerals. With their nutritional value and delicious taste, oysters have become a favorite dish of many people. The grilled oyster dish is one of the most popular dishes.
However, not every oyster will have a shell to bake. Frozen oysters or some people who prefer to eat oysters without the shell will need a different baking recipe. So, how to grill oysters without shell? Follow our oyster recipes grilled no shell below for easier cooking.
- 14 de-shelled oysters
- 4 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley (fresh or dried)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Servings: 4 servings
- Prep: 1 hour
- Cook: 1 hour
- Total: 2 hours
It is advisable to dry the oysters before dipping in the butter and spice mixture
- Step 1: Wash the oysters without shells and put them in a basket to drain off the water.
- Step 2: Prepare the grill. You can use charcoal grills or electric grills. Use a large, heavy-duty aluminum foil grill with a rim on the side to hold the drained oysters.
- Step 3: Fire up the grill to let the griddle heat up. Then apply a little oil or butter to the surface of the baking sheet to prepare it for baking.
- Step 4: Mix crushed garlic, butter, Cajun seasoning, and parsley in a large bowl. You can add any seasoning you like. The taste of this grilled oyster will change depending on your eating preferences.
- Step 5: After drying, use a paper towel to dry each one and then dip it in the garlic butter and spice mixture.
- Step 6: Place the dipped oysters on the baking sheet, flipping the oysters occasionally to avoid burning. Check the firmness and color of the oyster to see if the oyster is cooked or not.
- Step 7: Bake the oysters until the oysters change color. The oysters are lightly reddish brown, firm and fragrant, and the oysters are cooked.
- Step 8: After the oysters are cooked, put them on a plate. Serve immediately after cooking with your favorite dipping sauce.
Find out more delicious ways of cooking oyster to serve with your friends
- If you are using frozen oysters, place them in the refrigerator to thaw.
- Different types of ingredients can be substituted to create a wider variety of grilled oyster flavors to your liking.
- Oyster baking time is the most important, depending on the oven will also give different heat, depending on the size of the oyster. You watch the baking time according to your home's grill. If the time is too long, the oysters will have a lot of sweetness, not delicious anymore.
- You should always add seasoning to the butter mixture to absorb the flavor and make it convenient to eat. You can also make your onion fat and dipping sauce to change the taste.
- You can use many different types of grills to grill oysters. However, for the best taste of oysters, use a charcoal stove with your favorite charcoal.
Grilled oysters no shell not only has a unique taste but is also very easy to use
3. Nutrition Information
Nutrition information will tell you clearly how many calories this dish will load into your body. You can view the nutritional information to tailor the servings to you. Below are the nutritional values of each serving of grilled oyster recipes no shell:
- Total calories: 65 calories
- Total carbohydrates: 4g
- Total fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 23 mg
- Sodium: 90mg
- Iron: 1.5 mg
- Potassium: 200 mg
Do you need to shuck oysters before grilling?
Even though oysters are difficult to pry open, they don't need to be shucked before grilling. Because when you eat grilled oysters on the half-shell, you can use your teeth to pull gently, the meat will separate from the stem.
Which oysters are best for grilling?
Kumamoto or Pacific oysters are popular types of oysters to grill. Since they're fresh, crunchy, and slightly salty, when combined with a bit of butter, it's an irresistible treat. With the thin crust, you will also save more grilling time, no more than 5 minutes per side when grilling over medium heat.
Grilled oysters without shells are one of the specialties that anyone who has tried will never forget the taste. This dish not only has a unique taste but is also very easy to use. This delicious, nutritious dish can be made at home with just a few simple steps. Above is our complete guide to oyster recipes grilled no shell. Hopefully, our sharing will help you grill better oysters!
- Website: www.mualobster.com
- Address: 36 Bath Rd, Brunswick, ME 04011, USA
- Tel: +1 (207) 844 8343