How To Cook Oysters In The Shell In The Oven?
Oysters are a favorite food of many people, because their taste is super delicious and very good for health. There are many ways to prepare delicious dishes from this ingredient such as baking, steaming, ... with other spices. An issue that is also of great interest to many people is how to cook oysters in the oven? The following article will help you get useful information to have delicious and nutritious dishes for your family.
Discover how to cook raw oysters in the oven
1. How long to cook oysters in oven?
In fact, you will not have to invest too much time in making this dish. The process of cooking oysters in oven also only takes about 10 minutes to wait for the oysters to cook. Compared to steaming oysters, cooking oysters in the oven will help housewives save more time for cooking other side dishes.
However, waiting for oysters to be cooked in the oven will also depend on the preferences of each family. If you feel like 10 minutes and the oysters are still chewy, you can wait a few more minutes. But also pay attention not to cook for too long because that will make the oysters overcooked, losing their flavor.
2. How to cook oysters in the oven?
- Servings: 3 servings
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes
- Total: 30 minutes
- Fresh oysters: 10 to 12
- Baby spinach, chopped: 2 cups (buy packaged form at the supermarket)
- Panko: Prepare 1 cup of crumbs
- Rough grated parmesan: 2/3 cup
- Pancetta or prosciutto, portioned and cut into bite-sized pieces: 3 - 4 (2 ounces)
- Butter: 5 tablespoons
- Purple onion: 1 bulb, minced
- Garlic: 2 bulbs, minced
- White wine
- Add lemon to decorate
- Rock salt or coarse sea salt: 2 cups
- Step 1: Start preheating the oven to 425°F.
- Step 2: On the preheated oven, put a pan on high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
In the fire pan, add the minced shallot and garlic until it is soft and fragrant. Next add the prepared pancetta and continue cooking for another minute. Stir-fry spinach until tender, note that the stir-fry is one cup at a time and can be continued multiple times.
When completing the above stages, wait for 2 minutes. Next, turn off the heat and add the white wine and parmesan cheese to the pan and stir well. In it, it is noted that the cheese should not be completely melted or it will burn.
- Step 3: Take a small bowl to hold panko crumbs, then take the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter to melt and put in a small bowl of crumbs. Pour the butter into the bowl until the crumbs are evenly coated and set aside.
- Step 4: Use a baking sheet, on top of 2/3 cup of sea salt. The purpose of this is to keep the whole baked oysters from turning over. Or people can use anything so that the oysters can stay where they are when baking in the oven.
- Step 5: Shuck oysters on the half-shell and then put them on a layer of salt on the shell. Next, top each oyster with a tablespoon of spinach and cheese mixture and don't forget to add a tablespoon of butter panko crumbs afterwards.
- Step 6: When you have completed the above steps, proceed to bake the oysters for 8-10 minutes. Or you can also bake until panko crumbs turn golden brown. Thus, the oven-baked oyster dish has been completed.
Step by step implementation of oyster hiding in the oven
- When baking in the oven, add a layer of coarse rock or sea salt and aluminum foil. The purpose is to keep the shells in an upright position in the oven.
- The baking process in the oven also requires careful observation and timing. If left too long, the oysters will be overcooked and the end result will not be the desired dish. Also, don't take the oysters out of the oven too quickly, as it won't cook.
- Calories: 278
- Sugar: 1.1g
- Sodium: 585mg
- Fat: 19.2g
- Saturated fat: 9.5g
- Carbohydrates: 9.4g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 17.1g
- Cholesterol: 110mg
See more recipe how to cook oysters in oven with garlic and cheese here!
More recipes from oysters
3. What goes well with baked oysters?
Bake oysters with cheese is an extremely flavorful dish and is a favorite of many people. Especially in the composition of this dish, there are many nutrients that are loved by housewives. However, if you only eat oysters without side dishes, there will not be too many delicious aftertaste.
If you know how to choose the accompanying side dishes, everything will become much better. You can use more lime juice, tartar sauce, prepared horseradish, or vinegared wine. You can also add garlic butter fettuccine and vegetables like baked asparagus or broccoli.
These ingredients will create the wonderful flavor of delicious baked oyster. Additional notes can be made with some wines such as: white wine, sparkling wine, Saison or witbier. Surely these suggestions will please everyone in your family. This is also a way to help housewives win the love of everyone in the family.
Add flavor to delicious and nutritious dishes
Oysters can be processed into many delicious dishes, but not all housewives know how to do it. Knowing how to cook oysters in the oven will help you have a more nutritious dish for your family. The process is also very simple and does not take too much time. Above is information related to how to cook oysters in the oven that any housewife should learn. Hopefully through that, everyone will have more menus to add to their family's daily meals.
- Website: www.mualobster.com
- Address: 36 Bath Rd, Brunswick, ME 04011, USA
- Tel: +1 (207) 844 8343
- Regular price
- Sale price