How To Cook The Best Classic Deep Fried Oysters At Home?
Oysters are an extremely delicious seafood, very nutritious for health. So fried oysters are a favorite dish of housewives to cook for the whole family. With this dish, anyone can make it because it is very simple to make and does not require special methods or ingredients, but when you eat it, it is very delicious. In order for everyone to be able to cook delicious oyster dishes for their family, Fishermen's Net has shared some important knowledge through the shares below.
Fried oysters with many flavors
1. Ingredients & Substitutes
To be able to make the best fried oysters, we must first prepare the ingredients for processing. The more fully prepared, the more delicious the dish will be.
- Oysters: Should buy fresh oysters that have not been left for too long, especially without a fishy smell.
- Purple onion: 2 pieces
- Tomato: 1
- Coriander: 1 branch
- Shredded flour: 1/2 bowl
- Chicken eggs: 1 - you should choose our chicken eggs, the dish will be delicious with a richer taste. The purpose of the eggs is to grate the oysters and cover them to give them a fresher color. If you don't like eggs, you can also replace the ingredients with buttermilk.
- Ginger: 1 stalk is enough
- Lettuce: a few
- Crispy chicken fried dough: 1 pack
- Seasonings to prepare: cooking oil, satay chili, soya sauce, white wine, seasoning seeds.
- Cornmeal: This is an added ingredient to help decorate the dish more colorfully.
- Garlic powder: Some people will like the rich flavor of this spice, so if your family loves it, you can also add it to the dish.
Fresh Jumbo Oysters
Buy 3 Dozen Of JUMBO Oyster | Get 1 Dozen REGULAR Oyster FREE
Buy 3 lb Lobster Meat | Get 1 Dozen Of Oyster FREE
2. How to cook fried oysters?
2.1 Recipe Notes
- Servings: 2 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Total: 30 mins
Step 1: When you buy fresh oysters, wash them, put them in a pot, add a crushed ginger branch and white wine to boil together. When the water boils, the oysters just open their mouth, turn off the stove, take the oysters out, drain the cold water, split the shells, take out the oyster meat and set it aside. You keep two or 3 beautiful oyster shells, used to decorate the dish.
Step 2: Wash the tomatoes, cut off the stalks, put them in boiling water and then peel them, remove the seeds and cut them into small pieces. Lettuce, coriander, wash and dry. Finely chopped coriander. Red onion peeled, sliced.
Step 3: Crack eggs into a small bowl, beat.
Step 4: Prepare the sauce to eat with oysters according to the recipe: use a pan to heat the cooking oil, then add the chopped tomatoes and stir-fry evenly, drain and season with a little chili. satay, 1/2 teaspoon seasoning seeds stir well. Finally, add 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and stir well.
Step 5: Mix crispy chicken fried dough according to the recipe written on the product packaging
Step 6: Use a non-stick pan to heat cooking oil, then dip the oysters in the crispy chicken batter, dip them in the egg and roll them in breadcrumbs, then put them in the frying pan. When the oysters are cooked to a nice golden color and crispy, turn off the heat. Remove oysters to a plate lined with greaseproof paper.
Step 7: Arrange lettuce and decorative oyster shells on a plate, then arrange oysters on top and drizzle with sauce. Crispy fried oyster dish is finished.
Decorate and enjoy fried oysters
2.3 Nutrition Information
Fried oysters recipe cornmeal has many nutritional values for everyone:
|Fried Oysters Recipe|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||36%|
3. Tips & Tricks
When making deep fried oysters, to get the best dish, there are a few tips and tricks to keep in mind:
- You should use peanut or canola oil to deep-fry the pre-processed oysters. This way the fried oysters will be much more crispy and delicious.
- Remember to adjust the temperature appropriately so that the oyster meat can cook evenly.
- In the process of frying oysters, you need to focus because they are very quickly cooked, it takes less than 2 minutes to cook.
- To remove excess oil from oysters, when frying, put on a layer of paper.
There are many notes when frying oysters
4. Variations of Fried Oysters Recipe
- Pan-fried Oysters: This is another way of frying oysters that makes the shell more crispy and doesn't take too long. With this method, you just need to mix the shelled oysters into the eggs, flour, add a little spice to have a delicious dish.
- Southern fried oysters: Many people are fascinated with oyster dishes from the South. However, not everyone has the opportunity to enjoy it because it is too far from the area where they live. Then just use cornstarch combined with flour and creole seasoning. Then fry on low heat to get the desired flavor.
- New Orleans Fried Oysters: This is also known as the method of frying made by chefs in the southern region. The taste of this dish is really hard to resist. This dish will come with sauce so the taste is more refreshing.
- Air Fryer Oysters: All your oysters must be perfectly breaded and cook at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes in air fryer to ensure that the oysters are nice, dry and crispy on the outsides and chewy on the inside, ready pop into your mouth.
Or you can try this amazing simple recipe of fried oysters, it will absolutely turn out great!
5. Frequently Asked Questions
Should I rinse oysters before frying?
Washing oysters is an essential step that you should not skip. Especially to wash thoroughly, not to get dirty. When you buy oysters, you should soak them in clean water for 2 hours, the mud outside the oysters will be softer and it will be easier to clean the oysters.
After soaking the oysters, use a large brush to scrub from the roll of the oyster lid along the curved lines to the mouth of the oyster lid to clean. Should rub oysters under running water, when scrubbing oysters, the water will wash away the mud stuck on the oyster shell. You won't need to wash it again and again, which is both convenient and time-saving.
What do fried oysters taste like?
Oyster meat is soft but when fried, it becomes crispy. The taste of this dish will be fresh and salty, with a slight smoothness thanks to the butter. The scent is extremely fragrant, it is a dish that once enjoyed, you will be able to remember it forever.
Are fried oysters good for us?
How to make fried oysters on keto diet?
It can be affirmed that fried oysters are a dish that contains a lot of good nutrients for the body. Fried oysters have a sweet taste, cool properties, are not toxic to the body, have the effect of tonic, yang and tu yin nourishing blood. Also, you can eat fried oysters on the keto diet. Because oysters have so many great health benefits:
- Fried oysters help improve sexual function for men. Help men overcome infertility, heterosexual dreams, physiological weakness such as premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, impotence ....
- Eating oysters also supports the treatment of frequent insomnia.
- Oyster milk also helps treat symptoms of dizziness, lightheadedness, dryness, thirst, etc.
- For premenopausal women, oysters also help treat hot flashes when hormones in the body change.
- Postpartum women actively adding oysters to their meals will improve anemia and milk deficiency.
Fried oysters will be much more delicious if you can serve it with accompanying dishes. Many people love to use this dish with hot sauce dipping sauce. This sauce you can also apply some recipe instructions to make. Or you can also buy it in supermarkets.
Besides, the snack that people often associate with fried oysters is french fries. The taste will be much better when oysters are served with french fries. However, this side dish will have a lot of fat, not suitable for people who are in need of weight loss. Therefore, if you want to have the best healthy dish, you can eat fried oysters with green vegetable salads.
Enjoy the dish with some side dishes
How to cook the best classic deep fried oysters at home will be essential for those who have a love for dishes made from oysters. This is also a dish with a lot of healthy nutrients that housewives can cook for family meals. The information about the deep fried oysters recipe above will definitely help everyone get a delicious and nutritious dish.
- Website: www.mualobster.com
- Address: 36 Bath Rd, Brunswick, ME 04011, USA
- Tel: +1 (207) 844 8343
- Regular price
- Sale price