How To Cook Air Fryer Oysters?
Oysters are a type of seafood that is loved by many people, often made into a variety of delicious and diverse dishes. This article will guide you to make crispy air fryer oysters that is both quick and easy while still keeping the fresh and fatty taste of oysters. Don't hesitate any longer, let's go to the kitchen right away.
How do I buy fresh oysters?
Oysters are the main ingredient and the soul of the dish that the article will introduce. So the selection of fresh oysters is the most important part of this dish. So how should oysters be chosen to be both fresh and delicious?
When choosing to buy oysters, you will usually encounter two types. The first type is shelled, and the other is whole, not shelled. Each type will have different notes to choose the best quality oysters.
- For oysters with intact shells: you need to pay attention that the oyster shells must have a sharp pyramid shape, close together. If the oyster is alive, the shell will not be able to easily separate. You should avoid buying shelled oysters because they are usually dead. Knock on the shell with your hand. If you can't hear the inside, it means the oyster is dead.
- For pre-shelled oysters: you need to pay attention to observing that the oyster meat is still fresh, not greasy or discolored. If the oyster meat has veins, it is the oyster that has been soaked in water for a long time, and the meat is no longer fresh. Avoid choosing to buy oysters with greenish flesh because they are egg oysters and have a bitter, unpalatable taste.
At Fishermen's Net, you can freely buy the freshest oysters without going through a selection like going to the supermarket or the seafood market because Fishermen's Net is committed to providing you not only with oysters but also other seafood that is freshest and at a very reasonable price. All product information will be clearly written, so you can rest assured to choose Fishermen's Net to buy the best quality seafood.
Fresh Jumbo Oysters
Buy 3 Dozen Of JUMBO Oyster | Get 1 Dozen REGULAR Oyster FREE
Buy 3 lb Lobster Meat | Get 1 Dozen Of Oyster FREE
How long to cook oysters in air fryer?
If you like air fryer oysters are crispy, light, perfectly breaded on the outside and chewy on the inside, when cooking in an oil-free fryer, the frying time will be different from the traditional frying method. Oyster frying time will be about 8 minutes. Remember that as long as the outer shell is golden, the dish is already qualified.
Read more: Keto fried oysters recipe
How to cook oysters in air fryer?
To make this dish, you will prepare the following ingredients:
- 2 cans oysters in a can, in water, 8 oz each
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp hot sause
- 2 cup of Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon
- Servings: 6
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 8 minutes
- Total: 23 minutes
- Step 1: After buying, shuck the oysters, and put out a separate basket to drain, or you can take a dry paper towel to dry the oysters.
>> Learn more the easier way to shuck oysters without an oyster knife
- Step 2: Take a bowl to mix ingredients, including flour, cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well by hand so that the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Step 3: Take another bowl, beat the egg in with the hot sauce and mix well with your hands until the egg white and yellow combine into a mixture.
- Step 4: The last bowl will have Panko breadcrumbs.
- Step 5: Take each oyster, dip it first in the flour mixture, then dip in the egg and finally coat in Panko breadcrumbs. Each time you dip the oysters into the mixing bowl, make sure the entire surface of the oyster is completely covered.
- Step 6: Spray or brush a thin layer of oil on the surface of the air fryer and then arrange the rolled oyster pieces through the above mixtures.
- Step 7: Frying breaded oysters in air fryer will have two stages. Turn on the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 4 minutes, then flip the other side of the oyster and let it sit for four more minutes until the oysters are cooked through, at which point the oysters will be coated in a golden batter.
- Step 8: Squeeze the lemon slices evenly over the fried oysters and then gently shake the lemons to absorb them.
- The seasoning can automatically adjust the heat according to each person's taste and increase or decrease the dose.
- Depending on the size of the oysters, the thin or thick layer of the dough, or the temperature of each different air fryer, the frying time can be adjusted differently. Just ensure the outsides are nice and golden, your dish is completely standard.
More recipes about oyster
Amount Per Serving (2 oz)
- Calories 145 kcal
- Calories from Fat 27
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 728mg
- Potassium: 115mg
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 2g8
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 6g
- Vitamin A: 259IU
- Vitamin C: 14mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- Iron: 2mg
Let's see how to make fried oysters in air fryer more intuitively!
What to serve with air fried oysters?
While processing, the ingredients are already seasoned, so you can choose to eat without having to eat anything. However, to make it more delicious and attractive, you can choose to serve it with your favorite sauces. It could be fry sauce, bang bang shrimp sauce or cocktail sauce. For comfort when eating this dish, you can use your hands to eat without other items such as chopsticks or forks.
Fry sauce is a really good option for your air fryer fried oysters
In addition, if you are a vegetable lover, you can cook with white cabbage, broccoli, even carrots or any other vegetables you like. You can put it in the air fryer at the same time you are frying the oysters. This crispy fried oyster roll is also a great idea to eat with steamed rice.
Get more ideas of side dishes for fried oysters
Fishermen's Net hopes you make a successful dish and spend wonderful moments with your family.
- Website: www.mualobster.com
- Address: 36 Bath Rd, Brunswick, ME 04011, USA
- Tel: +1 (207) 844 8343
- Regular price
- Sale price